Monday, April 26, 2010

It has been relatively busy around here. School is coming to an end. We have an exam almost every week starting next week until the middle of May and then Zach is done with school for the summer. Now we just have to come up with some fun summer projects to do. I saw something about making a solar oven using foil so we do some research on solar energy and then build one to see if we can get it to work. Olivia is doing good. She is all of 12 pounds now. I can't wait until she is a little older and more independent. She makes working hard. Rob's mom came to visit for a week and threw off all of our schedules so we have to get Zach back on track. I did get somethings done last week. I got my mini muffin pizzas done, frozen and sealed. So lunches are taken care of for a while. I also got some meatballs made. They are frozen but not sealed yet. I really didn't get too much done around the house but I did get my ChaCha motivation back!!! So happy about that. They made some system changes and working is so much easier and faster. Love it! For those of you who don't know what ChaCha is: We are text based answering service. (if you have seen the commercials for KGB, we do the same thing but are FREE!) We answer questions. Any question as long as it isn't abusive! Give is a try: The number to text is 242 242. Again, this is absolutely free. I worked here since 2008 and it is a great way to make a few extra bucks. It is how I am funding my vacation account at the moment. We put in a garden a few weeks ago. It is doing great. My peas and green beans have sprouted. Some of my peppers look like they are getting flower buds on them already. I can't wait for fresh veggies!! And my tip for today, instead of using a chemical to keep the bugs off of your plants...buy a cheap spray bottle at the dollar store, and use dried chilis in it. We just filled the bottle with water, dropped in a few small dried chili's and let them sit for a while. The bugs apparently don't like spicy! So you can put this all over your plants and not have to worry about nasty chemicals. I have seen the chili's at Walmart in the produce section for a little over a dollar for a small pack. Ours were by the potatoes. We bought the big pack for 3.50 by the Mexican food since we use them for Generals Chicken. Thanks for reading and I promise to try to post more often.

No comments: