Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beef Enchiladas

My sister actually showed me this recipe. It is from sparkpeople.com recipes page. This is so easy to make and is yummy!

1 pound 93% ground beef
6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups warm water
1 cup shredded 2% cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
dash each oregano, black pepper,
10 soft corn tortillas



Directions
Brown hamburger. Add seasonings to warm water, combine. Add tomato paste. Mix well.
Warm up tortillas.
Pour 1/2 of tomato mixture into the skillet with the hamburger. Add half of cheese. Stir to mix up the meat, tomato sauce and cheese. Scoop a large spoonful of the mixture onto each tortilla. Rollup the tortilla, enclosing the filling and place it seam side down in 13x9 pan. Pour remaining tomato mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Number of Servings: 10

Now, like I said, we change recipes. We use flour tortillas instead. I make the meat and add taco seasoning to it for more flavor. I also double the sauce mix since there just doesn't seem to be enough. We like our saucey. My trick to healthy cheep beef..anytime you are going to flavor your meat, like tacos or spaghetti, I buy the cheap hamburger, fry it then rinse it off really well. It saves money and I don't get the fat! I save the good stuff for meatloaf and meatballs and such.

No comments: