Monday, February 14, 2011

Some days are more interesting than others. Today, trying to make dinner, I put the oven on the wrong temp. It wouldn't be so bad but it is actually the second time that I have done this! Same recipe too! Thankfully, tomorrow is easy dinner. Spaghetti with meatballs! leftovers from meatball subs last Saturday.
One of my side hobbies is our family tree. It started with Boyfriend being bored at work. If they don't have a class, there is a lot of down time. So he started researching his family tree which prompted me to do the same. An uncle on my father's side did a lot of the leg work for that side of the family so I was only really left with my mother's side. Ironically, I have a book that someone else did on my grandma's birth family! It turned out it was pretty easy to do our family tree for me since someone else had done all of the work! LOL Any way, I think that preserving the family history is important. It allows people to know where they came from. So, I am here to suggest to you guys to start your family tree. You don't have to go back generations. It can be as big or as small as you want it. I found a free site called Geni.com. It is very simple and very basic. Easy to use. Those are things that I was looking for. I think, though I am not sure, that Ancestry.com has a free edition also. Anyway, those are my thoughts for today. It just seems that our family just keeps growing.

No comments: