Friday, February 26, 2010

I am going to walk it off!

Turning 30 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 31, however, smacked me in the face. I realized I was getting older. I was out of shape, smoking, couldn't run, not really eating healthy, the list goes on. I came to the realization that I needed to start doing something NOW. Time won't wait for me to get off my tush so I had to get started. My first goal was to quit smoking. I did that on January 13, 2007. Three years smoke free! GO ME!! Then I decided that I drank entirely too much Pepsi. So I switched to Coke. LOL...doesn't sound like much but it really worked. I am down to 1, maybe 2, sodas a day now. I drink water. Can you believe it? Not out of the tap. The tap water here is gross so we bought a Brita filter. It takes the nasty out of the water. Then, I started eating healthier. I started my journey of weight loss last year. I was doing great right up until I found out I was pregnant. I then decided that losing weight while pregnant was a bad idea so I gained it instead. LOL...I didn't gain much and actually weigh less now than when I got pregnant. But I still have all that 'I quit smoking and Boyfriend is a great cook' weight on me. So I need to lose about 20 pounds. That will get me to a healthy BMI according to my Wii Fit. Exercising is very challenging when you have a baby that likes to be held. But she slept in a bowling alley yesterday. I had Boyfriend move the treadmill to the living room so I can use it when she naps. I googled the distance from my house to the resort I am staying at in Walt Disney World next May. It is 457 miles from my driveway to the resort. So I will be walking the weight off and 457 miles is my goal. So far, I have a half mile down! Only 456.5 miles left to go. This should be interesting. Here's hoping I can stay motivated. If you are trying to lose weight, what keeps you motivated?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What keeps me motivated is kicking Heather's butt! Heather and I started a weight loss challenge, you should join us!

Anonymous said...

My but shall not be kicked!
I have been counting my calories on SparksPeople and doing my Wii Fit.

Anonymous said...

I'm here from Friday Follow! I would love for you to stop by my blog.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Anonymous said...

That is a good idea to walk to Disneyworld. I will have to look up Hawaii...or maybe something closer like Las Vegas.

Thank you for joining Friday Follow. Glad to have you part of the fun. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Kelly's Lucky You said...

I'm sitting with a cup of tea and catching up on Friday Follow. I love your blog design!

Which resort are you staying at? We just got back and stayed at All-Star Music and Polynesian. Disney treated us royally at both!

Great idea to motivate you.....walking to your vacation.

Nice to meet you. I hope you'll follow me back-

Kelly from Kelly's Lucky You
www.kellysluckyyou.blogspot.com